Monday, September 3, 2012

Splitting the Prism Build a City Challenge Update

So, for the past couple of days I've been trying to figure out how to integrate the Build a City challenge into the other challenges that I have listed. I decided to go ahead and save all of the lots and delete the unused ones from the map in a separate world save. I wanted to move Byelo's house, but I created his lot as 64x64 and the largest lot in Neverglade is 60x60. There's prolly a way to adjust it, but it's getting late and I'm not going to search for that solution quite yet. I've already moved most of the other occupied houses so that they are closer to their careers.

Now, I know that the career buildings should not be unlocked yet, but that's one of the points I've decided to tweak. Since I've already so far into the episodes, I decided that buildings already used would stay. However, additional buildings would follow a hybrid of the original rules and my own, which I think make more sense. Each community building has a price, just the same as a residential building. This means that I can set a target monetary amount for the creation of a building. Lets say a new sim comes to town and they really want to top the Culinary track. Since there are no bistro, dives, or diners, they would have to survive on a different cash source until he or she raises enough money to build that building. For this example, the Bar and Grill would be 4,426 simoleons, which isn't all that hard to reach. Alternatively, the sim can petition the mayor (if there is one) to create a mileage for the construction of the building out of taxes from other sims.

Of course, for there to be a mayor you need a political building, i.e. City Hall...and for there to be a city hall, it must be constructed. Since a city hall is a prominent building, a money pool can be created or a rich sim may donate towards the creation of the building. The criteria for a mayor is the same as in the original Build a City rules. Additionally, some buildings would need extra criteria before they can be placed. A sports bar, for instance, would require that a sim has topped the Sports career. A Horse Ranch would require domesticated horses, a vampire lounge requires at least 10 vampires, etc...

Since I have been so focused on this nagging question, I have been neglecting Byelo. Another issue that has come up is the scale of his lifespan in comparison to a normal human's. For elves, I bumped their age to 10x that of a human. I've been thinking of making Byelo's just 2x as long as a human's. I could do the opposite and make it 2x shorter, but I've grown rather fond of him :P. With this scaling, I will be factoring "half-aliens" and so forth. Vampires will be immortal and stuck in the stage they were created in (which is the way it SHOULD be imo... none of this walking-in-the-sun-and-sparkling BS) until they are cured. I have also integrated a mod that should allow vampires to kill and be killed.

Please, let me know what you think about the direction I'm going in. Critique is greatly appreciated. Please leave a comment at the bottom of the page here or at the TSW Fanon article page for this site. Thank you.

EDIT: In an act of utter stupidity, I transferred my blog account over without the pictures. Sooo, no pictures on my blog at all. I'll have to re-upload ALL of them and re-embed them. Sorry for the inconvenience. This could take a while and I'm already rather tired. It will have to wait till tomorrow. D:

EDIT: The images for Splitting the Prism have been recovered, but those for The Orchid Chronicles had long been deleted on my desktop. The same goes for the other Sims 2 images I had in the first post. However, the Orchid Chronicles have been revised into a textual form as I believe I was verbose enough in that series.

No comments:

Post a Comment