Monday, July 5, 2010

Terese Orchid - Day 4

Alegra Returns


Only one more grilled cheese sandwich left! I promptly ate my last grilled cheese sandwiches for breakfast and lunch. I was surprised at how fast they disappeared and wondered if someone else was raiding my refrigerator while I slept.

I was contemplating my sanity when I heard a familiar howl. I think Alegra was happy to see me. I soon found out who made the mess yesterday.

"No! That was very bad, Alegra. I will not tolerate it." I immediately felt sorry for her, so I gave her a treat. After a while, Alegra brought me a stick.

At first, I was not sure what to do with it. Did she want me to keep it? After puzzling it over for a while, I recalled a human interaction that seemed to fit. I brought the stick back over my head and Alegra's eyes seemed to perk up. Smiling, I threw it as hard as I could, quite forgetting about the lower gravity of Luna.

Fortunately, Alegra did not seem to mind the distance she was running. It was easy to lose my loneliness around Alegra. I had always wanted a pet and, although I do not think she calls this place home yet, I feel I have gotten my wish. I was sad to see her go, but I knew she would come back.

I found a stash of human potato chips on my ship. I had forgotten that I had it illegally exported to my homeworld. Luckily our ships are fast enough to where they still had a few days left until they expired. I also found some food from my homeworld that I later used for a filling salad.

Full and content, I climbed into bed and soon fell asleep.

Previous: Day 3: Build, Build, Build!

No comments:

Post a Comment