Monday, June 21, 2010

Terese Orchid - Day 1

Stranded

After walking many miles across this gray land, I have found a gathering of small, colorful creatures. Most of their body is made up of their wings, of which they have two.Wishing to study them, I have captured three specimens in one jar and two more in another.

According to traditions of my people, I deem these creatures to be a sign from the great spirit that this is the place I must make my home. Knowing this, I take a moment of silence, to thank the great one for sending me this sign.

I have built a home using the knowledge of my people and materials I have found upon this moon. For now, there are only two rooms, the smallest of which is set aside for processing of waste. I will add onto this abode as I find more materials in which to do so. I am content with its size for now.

After the building of my home, I created a storage unit for my precious books which have rarely left my side. Among these treasures is this diary (upon which my sanity is dependent on), the book my mother read to me as a child (in the case that I find a being I am compatible with, I shall pass it down to my resulting children), an atlas of the stars (my favorite is Sol because of the dark binary discovered there), a digital translator (currently this is set to English), and a few human books that I find quite entertaining.

While out searching for more metal, I stumbled upon an exposed vein of copper. I have marked the direction and distance to this spot on the ground just outside my house. In case these markings are accidentally disturbed, it is approximately 1200 meters at a heading of 64 degrees (0 degrees a perpendicular line from the center of the house to the front wall). With the copper I have mined so far, I have been able to make plumbing for the waste processing units.

The rest of the small creatures I founded my home with have disappeared. I have decided to release two butterflies from captivity in the hopes that my dear little friends will be there to watch for years to come. That is, if I am not rescued first. I do hope it is one of the more attractive Earthlings that find me. I have read so much about their species that it would be a shame not to meet at least one. Not long after I released the first batch of butterflies, the others died. Its a pity how short their lives are.

As night falls, I make my way upstairs to the telescope I recently created from some of the materials found on my ship. I am not yet familiar with this sky, but I at least know where Earth is. Maybe I could signal to them for help!

So many thoughts filled my head tonight and the loneliness is starting to wear on me. I found it hard to fall asleep, so I day dreamed about an old gypsy woman I had read about in a human novel. For some reason it seemed like she was real, someone I could tell about all my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment